"I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on your wonders. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I'm singing your song, High God." Psalm 9:1 - 2 (Message version)
My favorite version of the Bible to study from is still NIV, but I love how the message reads sometimes. I read that verse last night, and thought it was pretty cool. In fact, it kinda reflects how I feel this morning. Nothing exceptional is going on - just being reminded of God's love for me and feeling pretty good about it.
The weather here is REALLY nice this morning too. Hanna is sitting just off the coast and has dropped the temperature and brought us just enough breeze to be really nice. It was like that most of last week when Faye circled around us. I could get used to this weather. :)
Another verse I read last night:
"God's a safe-house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked." Psalm 9:9 - 10 (message version)
I just love how that reads. You're never sorry you knock on God's door - He always welcomes us in and gives us a safe, loving place to be.
3 comments:
You have such a wonderful gift for presenting scripture in a very real way.
BTW... Do you always get up at 4:30in the morning? :) If so, what is your secret?
lol - of course I start every day at 4:30, cook a big breakfast, go for a jog, clean the house, and wake my children with a smiling face - NOT! :) I was at work when I wrote that. That is the ONLY time I see that early in the morning. :)
Well, that makes me feel a little better! LOL
Post a Comment