Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Please Wait

Matt and I finally got to go see "Fireproof" last night. The movie was awesome, and we both especially liked a song in the movie "While I am Waiting" by John Waller. After the movie Matt and I talked about how we are in a "Waiting" time in our walk with God. I think we all encounter those times in our lives. Matt and I have not always been the best at waiting. We always exchange Christmas and Birthday presents long before the given day. When we have to wait for an anwer from someone, it drives us crazy. We were talking about how we think we have done a LITTLE better this time at waiting. Just as we said that, we came to a red light. Literally - we were driving down the road, and came to a red light. We sat there for a LONG time. And it did not change. We started laughing. Doesn't God have a great sense of humor :) We finally turned right (on red), then did a u-turn to get to where we needed to be. Then today I was trying to schedule an appointment, and the lady said "I'm sorry, you will have to call back because my computer keeps telling me "Please Wait" " Too funny.
"Why would you ever comlain, O Jacob, or, whine, Irsael, saying, "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God LASTS. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, Inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."
Isaiah 40:27 - 31 Message version

2 comments:

tammy said...

This post made me chuckle.....too funny.

I want to go see Fireproof.....maybe if my hubby and I ever get a date night we can go see that. I heard good things about it

Shauna said...

You should definately go see it - it is awesome! But I know what you mean about never getting a date night - if only we lived closer to each other, we could help each other out. :)