I love rollercoasters! My favorite ones are the floorless ones; and the best seat is the very front. It honestly feels like you are flying - there is nothing below you, and in the front seat - there is nothing in front of you as you fly through the air - up, down, upside down, around turns... When I was a teenager one of my favorite places to go was SixFlags over Georgia. I haven't been there in over 15 years, but I am sure they have many new exciting roller coasters since I was there last. However, one of my favorite rides as a teenager at SixFlags was "The Scream Machine". There were no lap or shoulder bars on this ride - just a plain seat belt that you fastened over your lap. My friend, Tammy and I would fasten the seat belt so that it was loose enough that when we went over the hills we would be lifted completely out of the seat. We would hold our hands in the air and feel the thrill of being tossed in the air - with no control, letting go, and enjoying the ride.
I need to learn to do that again. Not on the "Scream Machine" at SixFlags, but rather on the "Scream Machine" of LIFE. I honestly feel like I have been on a rollercoaster the past year or so. We have had so many ups and downs around here that it has been easy to get scared and try to grab onto and hold onto anything I can. What I NEED to do is lift my hands in the air to praise the Almighty God who is in control of my life, and enjoy the ride.
I have to admit - although that is what I want to do, it is hard to trust enough to let go when you see life flying by so quickly underneath you, and you feel tossed about with what feels like only a small seat belt holding you safely on the ride.
Lord, I want to experience all that you have for me. Help me to let go, trust you, and enjoy the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment