My last post I was saying that I needed some time alone with God, but that it is hard to do with my schedule and kids, etc. Well, yesterday morning I woke up with a migraine. That meant that I couldn't do any school work with the kids, or do anything on my computer because my vision gets a little blurry and my head hurts too bad to read. So... I sat in the recliner, covered up with a blanket, and closed my eyes. Then a miracle happened - the kids were quiet and well behaved for a while. Long enough for me to have some uninterrupted time in prayer.
It was VERY refreshing!! I can't say that I have a clear answer to all the questions I have about life right now... but I can say that I have a peace about it all. Peace that passes understanding.
Today has been just as busy as most of my days; but I am not stressing out, I am not anxious, and I have enjoyed "most" of my time with the kids today - lol. Also had a visit with my foster son's family... something that usually REALLY stresses me out, because I can see the situation from so many different points of view, and there isn't really a "perfect" situation that I, in my human mind can see. But today, I even enjoyed the visit. I was open and honest with his mom about some things that I have been hesitant to say, and I feel like I bonded a little bit more with his family.
If I had to write a purpose statement for my life, I think it would be something like this:
To live every minute of my life for God in a way that is real, unashamed, pleasing to Him, and pointing the way to Him for others who know me.
I will probably spend my entire lifetime trying to live up to that; but I hope I never stop trying.
I specifically want to be REAL. So many non-Christians see us as fake. Seeing us as claiming to be something that we are not. I want people to know that I fail, that I hurt, that I mess up - A LOT sometimes - lol. BUT... my feelings don't mean a thing... they are feelings, they come and go, and change frequently. My life circumstances get better and then get worse. But through it all, God stays the same, and He is ALWAYS there for me, no matter where I am in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment