I have not been on here much lately for several reasons; but I am back now :)
Just a quick update from where I left off:
- Participated in the 40 Days for Life, praying once a week in front of our local abortion clinic. It was definately an eye-opening experience. I took the kids with me, and that was a good thing. I had an encounter one day with a lady who had an abortion 20 years ago, and is going through a really rough time right now - spiritually, emotionally, mentally... I don't know her name, but she needs lots of prayer! God knows who she is... so if you get a minute, just ask God to intervene in her life and bring healing to her.
- Lauren was diagnosed with an ASD (hole in the top part of her heart) Tyler has one too. It really is not that big of a deal... except that they usually do close much earlier in life. We go back in a year and they will evaluate each one to see if they need surgery to fix it.
- Tyler has 6 cavities, and one dentist mentioned doing a root canal on 2 of them. After talking to several people (including his doctor) I don't think I want them to do a root canal on his baby teeth - just pull them. BUT... I am having problems with his insurance, concern from dentists over his past cardiac history, and him needing SOOO much work done. He brushes his teeth 3 or 4 times a day. The problem is that he holds food and drink in his mouth. He has done that since he was a toddler. I tell him not to, but it is a habit that is hard to break for him.
- I am taking horse riding lessons with Madi and HAVING A BLAST!!!! It is a bigger challenge than I thought to convert from being a "western" rider to an "english" rider; but I am getting there. I successfully did "point" today, which is basically like a jockey stance where you stand up completely and lean over the horses shoulders - it is MUCH harder to do than you would think, trust me!! Madison is doing WONDERFUL!!! It has helped having me out there with her. She is definately mine and Matt's child - got that competitive spirit in her - lol.
- Matt has 6 weeks left in graduate school, and we can NOT wait for it to be over!!! It has been really overwhelming for all of us. But the end is in sight!!
- Church is going good! Matt preached last week on the 10 virgins and being ready for the Bridegroom, because you don't know when He will show up; and at the end of the service we had a surprise wedding. A couple in our church have been planning their wedding and decided to do it at the end of that service, very few people in the church knew about it, and it was SOOOO cool!!!!
- I have an audit of my Medial Foster Care book coming up - basically that means I have a lot to do in a short amount of time and I am DREADING it BIG TIME!!
- I have made some mild lifestyle changes, and some medicine changes that I want to post about later, but I am feeling much better!!! Taking time to nourish my relationship with God was the biggest and most important thing though!
Gotta get ready for a meeting now... will write more soon. :)
1 comment:
Tori had her Echo on Monday and her ASD is completely resolved at age 2.
Post a Comment