Friday, March 26, 2010

question for you...

There is a lady that I see once every few weeks, and she always asks me questions about God. From listening to her and all that she has said, I think she knows Jesus in a personal way... but I haven't figured out yet exactly where she is coming from with her questions. I "think" she is honestly just living life yearning to learn more and grow closer to God, and most of her questions are not about what matters - the love of God, they are about the other stuff that those of us who have been in church for a long time can sometimes let get in the way of our simplicity of just loving God and loving others.

Here was her question to me yesterday, before I tell you how I answered her, I want to see how you would have answered her. I know there are not many people reading here often because I wasn't on here for so long; but that is o.k. I am just curious to see what even 1 or 2 of you think. OK, here's the question:

"Why do you see so many people with Jesus stickers on their cars and such, yet they are not living like they should"

2 comments:

Brenda B said...

sometimes it's best to answer a question with a question. I'd ask how she knew that they "weren't living like they should" and that can lead to the discussion of living and looking in love and not judging others.

April said...

I agree with Brenda. You are in my feed by the way, so I only see your posts when you do them.

I think Chritians need to know that we are not all in the same stage of growth. The Lord is working on all of us in different ways and to assume that we should all be perfect would be simply disappointing. Our primary instructions are to love God and love others. The other stuff is a "this too shall pass" sort of thing in my book.