Well, after waiting for a while, I finally have my baby. Granted, she is my foster baby, and she is 2 years old, so not "really" a baby. BUT... she is my baby, and I am happy!! I wish I could post pictures on here, but I can't b/c of privacy/hippa laws. To close friends and family who will see her anyway, I will be sending out pictures hopefully tomorrow.
She likes to cuddle, "I" think she already responds to me as her momma, and she still smells like a baby. :)
She is going to be available for adoption soon. So... we will have to see what happens. I have said that I didn't want to adopt again, and that if I did that I would make sure it is a boy. I still don't want to commit to adopting again, but I do love this little one. :) That's all I know for now.
6 comments:
My heart melts for you! I know how it is to long for a baby to hold. Luckily my smallest is only 20 months old and he LOVES to cuddle, but I'm hoping for at least one 'small' one when we receive our first placement in a few weeks. Please post pictures of your new 'daughter' when you get a chance!
~audrey
Unfortunately because of privacy laws, I can't post a picture of her on here. :(
Are you just starting to do foster care??
True, I didn't even think about that. We're all so quick to post our own children's pictures on everything we do, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Yes, we're new to fostering and are still awaiting our first placements. The agency we work for places sibling groups, so we'll likely be getting two at a time.
that's great shauna! So happy for you :)
Audrey, I am SOOO glad you are starting to do foster care!! It is such an awesome thing to do. There are so many kids that need a loving home, and not enough people willing or able to do it. I don't know if my email address is on here or not, but I'm gonna give it to you if you want or need to talk to me about foster care more privately in the future.
life4embryos@tampabay.rr.com
Foster parenting can be VERY challenging and frustrating at times, but it is also rewarding. :)
Praise the Lord! So happy for you girl:).
Post a Comment