When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn. Psalm 142:3a
OK, so this is NOT a new verse in the Bible, but have you ever read a verse and went "WOW, I didn't know that was there"
When I was in Bible college I took a course on the Old Testament. We had to read through the Old Testament. Now, confession time here, I did read (as in my eyes scanned over the letters and words written), but I did not focus the words written, or the meaning of the letters that God has written to us. (Janis, you know what I'm talking about, right) :)
I read this verse this morning, and went WOW, that is SOOOO awesome!!! I feel overwhelmed often, but especially lately with all of the choices we have to make, and even some choices that other people are making that will affect our lives in a big way.
I have doctors appointments for my medical foster kids at least once a week, and often 2 or 3 times a week; and every time I have to take at least 4 kids with me, sometimes all 5.
In today's economy, I think most people understand financial stress - well that is true around my house... although getting better, finances are an every day discussion and often source of stress.
I homeschool Madi, Ty, and La, we have their standardized testing coming up at the end of the month (in FL homeschool children have to either have a portfolio examined by a licensed teacher, or take a standardized test, I have chosen the test, because it will give me an idea of how they are doing from year to year).
I have 4 kids home with me all day, and to be honest, most of the time I LOVE it!! But there are times that I could really use some "me" time.
I have people from foster care in my house about 8 times each month, so we are always trying to keep the house clean.
Matt works 2 jobs/ministries, AND he is a full time student getting his Masters degree. So he is extremely busy as well.
Tyler plays tee ball and has games and practices.
Then there are field trips and little mission opportunities that I try to do with the kids as much as possible.
I lOVE my life!! I wouldn't change any of it (except maybe it would be nice to have some more time alone with my husband and also some "me" time), BUT we are busy!!
It is SOOO nice to know that when I am overwhelmed, and don't know which way to go, GOD DOES!! I know this, I understand this, but it was awesome to read a verse in the Bible that says exactly that!! I will hide this verse in my heart and hold on to it's promise when I feel overwhelmed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment