Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Growing up and Running Away

We were walking off of the beach today and this cute teenager (probably 14 or so) says to Madison (who is tall for her age)"Hey, what's up" Madison sheepishly smiled, said "nothing" then literally ran until she got to her daddy - lol!!! I laughed for 30 minutes.
Now... had her 7 year old sister been with us; I would have had to keep her from going over there to talk to him - don't know what we will do with that one when the time comes that boys start noticing her.
But for now, I am OK with the fact that Madi wants to run away ;)

I know I am WAY behind on blogging; sorry. I do have some stuff to write about; some pictures to share, etc. It will probably be a few weeks before I am back to a more normal routine though. We have a new foster daughter. I have known her for 3 years, but she is new to our house. Still have the baby; so we are back to 5 kids in the house - that is taking a little adjustment. But we are enjoying the end of our summer!! Our church family has been SOOOO wonderful to us lately (as they always are).

Stories for the near future:
our boating experience where I fell in Malachi's lap and scared him to death
my update on insomnia, depression, and life
kids growing up and all they are doing
lauren singing in church for the first time
first fishing adventure with pics
A book I am reading and some thoughts I have
Need help with organizing my house
What to do with our 10 month old "puppy?????"
New Homeschool year and lots of changes
and some other stuff

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I might have some things to share on that one!!! Making Memories is what I always say!!!

Shauna said...

lol ;) I am just proud of you for getting BACK on the boat with us... don't know if we will ever get Malachi back on though; we will have to try.

I wrote this post BEFORE our last boating/fishing adventure - that is a story all in its own, don't u think?? :) Poor catfish...