We are back to school since missing all of last week with me being sick. The beginning of this week I tried to do school, but only had the energy to put in about an hour or two. Yesterday and today we have done awesome at catching up. The older 3 really did do good at helping me last week with the little ones and with the house. Then this week they have been so good to work extra hard at catching up with school. I am really proud of them :) Tyler and Lauren helped a lot; but I don't know what I would do without Madison. She is SUCH a big help to me. She is responsible way beyond her years.
One of the things I love about homeschooling is being able to focus on each child's God-given talents. I wish I could help Lauren more with her musical talent, but since I have none, that is hard to do - lol. BUT... she does like for me to listen to new songs with her, and help her find ones she can sing in church. She is doing so much better at reading and at math too. She is working hard, and I think she is finally starting to see that she CAN do well in school. At first, I think she was intimidated by Tyler and the ease at which he learns things. I think, and I hope, that she is finally seeing that she has her own gifts and talents, but she is also able to do well in school :)
Tyler continues to do well in school; and he is doing well in Tae Kwon Do. I have to say though, we have to work on his perfectionism. He still wants to quit if he can't do something perfect the first time. I have really tried with small and big things, and he still wants to be perfect first time. He gets really upset when he makes a mistake. I see it getting worse instead of better. It is turning into more obsessive things - like he has to have the bathroom light off - at all times. He goes nuts if the girls leave it on. No other lights, just that one. ??? One day I made him leave the light on all day long, just to show him it was o.k. and try to get him to let go of that obsession. I think it may have helped a little, he doesn't get "as" upset, but he still makes sure that light is off all the time, even if every other light in the house is on.
Madison has also learned so much in math lately. But more than that, she has been working very hard. I am so proud of her for the effort that she has been putting into school lately. I am seeing maturity in her :) And like I said before, I don't know what I would do without her help, but especially last week when I was sick - she was such a big help to me. God is going to do something great with that little girl one day.
Thinking of "back to school"... I have been thinking for a while now of going back to school. I want to further my nursing education. And, I am only about 12 hours away from my AA degree in Bible - like 4 classes. So, I hate to be that close and not finish it either. I wish I could find a Christian University that offered a degree in nursing; so I could just combine it all. I have looked around a little bit, but haven't found anything that fits what I need. I don't think I want to go back for at least another year anyway. I would like for the twins and the baby to be a little bit older before I commit to that. But... even if I want to start back in a year or two, I kinda need to start looking now, to find WHERE I want to go, what degree I want to pursue, and see if there is any pre-req's I need to work on, etc. Oh well... we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment