Oh where to begin... well, first Matt and I got to have about 4 hours without any kids :) I love my children with ALLLLLL of my heart!!!! But I do truly enjoy some time with just my hubby. Today, we went to a shooting range and then the mall. It really was interesting :) First I shot a .380, and it was very different than what I expected. Small gun, but almost (actually "really")harder to shoot than the 9mm that I shot afterwards. We had a 9mm when we first got married, but got rid of it when we started doing foster care. Anyway... it was fun. Definately therapeutic - lol.
Then we went to the mall. I had to get the kids some flip flops. Madi and Tyler were down to 1 pair each, and Lauren had none. For us, that is horrible ;) In fact, Matt even asked "are you sure you want to get them some, we have just now gotten them to wear SHOES". I love Old Navy's 2 for $5.00 flip flops. I needed to find new shoes for me too. I think we are going to have to plan a trip to the outlet malls for that though - couldn't find any I wanted. (Jenn, wanta make a day of it sometime soon?? Oh, and Monday's are ladies night at the shooting range, and we can go for free :) ;) We GOTTA go! But I don't know if I would end up shooting a gun or taking pics of you shooting a gun - lol) OK, back to my post...
Matt's mom was gonna take the kids to the zoo today, but it was too crowded, so they went to the Lake to see all the birds instead. There are TONS of birds right now, from what they tell me - I haven't been myself. Matt's mom was telling us that a duck laid an egg in a swan's nest, and the duck egg has hatched and the swan is taking care of it even though it's own eggs haven't hatched yet - isn't that interesting???
And... the story of the day - Tyler took a step backwards at the Lake, but didn't know there was a swan coming up behind him to get some bread; he stumbled/tripped upon hitting the swan, tried to turn and catch himself, but found himself RIDING the swan!!!! His legs weren't long enough to get a good grip on the ground to get off. They said both Tyler AND the swan were squaking as it ran off with Tyler on its back - ROFL!!!!! My MIL didn't get any pictures because she was horrified at the sight, and wasn't prepared for a swan kidnapping - lol. She said she just kept thinking - they will never let me take the kids anywhere again - lol. I think I found it more funny than anyone, although Tyler did seem to get a kick out of telling the story ;) He finally slid off the back of the swan and landed on his back. Then he ran to his grandma, and she said she didn't know who was more relieved to get to the other one - him or her. LOL!!!
A good day ;) I am exhausted tonight. This is the first day I have been "out" since being sick. I don't know what I had, but I don't EVER want to get it again!!! Aimee, I am starting to wonder about the possibility of meningitis. I had a high fever, pain in my joints, and towards the end a backache and a stiff neck. BUT... I told the doctor that I thought my neck was hurting from all the shaking and chills I had - and that could be true. And my back always hurts, so that's nothing new. All I know is, at first I thought I had the flu, but I never had any respiratory symptoms at all, and I never had any stomach symptoms... just joint pains and high fever. Then I started taking the antiviral and antibiotic, and I started feeling better. Yesterday I only had a low grade fever and a headache, sore neck; and today no fever with a headache and sore neck. One sign of meningitis is not being able to touch your chin to your chest, my neck wasn't sore that way, I could do that - it was touching my ear to my shoulder that hurts... why I am thinking that is just from sore muscles with me shaking SO bad with chills. I kept all the kids away from me as much as possible, and I didn't go anywhere; so that is good. I hope NO-ONE I know gets whatever I had. I can't think of any enemies, but I wouldn't want them to get it either!
I am sitting here watching the rest of the crew play a dance game on the Wii. Very interesting ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment