Saturday, February 26, 2011

Good Day

I didn't accomplish much of what I "needed" to do today (actually yesterday, as it is now 12:45 AM)but I had a really good day. The kids got to play in the sprinkler for a little bit, and I worked on the pool and got to lay out for a little bit. I did not get a tan at all, and Lauren of course started to turn dark brown as soon as the sun hit her skin - lol.

Then I took the twins fishing with me on the Sunshine Skyway Pier tonight. Madi didn't want to go, she wanted to stay home with her daddy, can't blame her there. I had such a good time. It was actually a slow night for fishing, but I just LOVE being out there on the pier/bridge. We always see cool things, and I love to feel the wind blow, see all the stars in the sky, and I just love fishing. :) One guy in our group caught a shark - that was very cool. Another guy caught a toadfish. I had never heard of, much less seen one of those. Evidentally they are poisonous. I caught 2 trout that were keepable, and one I had to throw back, and I caught one small catfish and one big catfish. Tyler caught 2 or 3 fish, and Lauren caught 2 fish, but one of hers was a catfish that was so big we had to help her pull it up. We saw jellyfish, rays, sharks, needlefish; and caught grunt, catfish, a shark, a toadfish, and whiting. I honestly think with the right fishing buddy - I could stay out there all night (whatcha think Aimee??). I haven't gone out there without Matt or Phillip (Phillip is Jenn's husband, and we haven't gone just the 2 of us, it is always a group; but he is like my brother - my kids call them Aunt Jenn and Uncle Phillip half the time). Sidetrack for a minute - My sister's name is Ginger, and we call her Gin. My best friend's name is Jennifer, and we call her Jenn. When either of them call me and the kids answer, they just tell me - it is Aunt Gin or Aunt Jenn - which sounds the same; so I never know which one is calling ;)

It was 83 degrees when we were playing in the sun this afternoon, and it is 66 degrees outside right now here at the house, but I think it was much cooler out on the pier. I ended up putting on a thick jacket.

A very good day :)

I feel good that I have accomplished most of what I wanted to get done this week. But I do have an appointment tomorrow, and I need to go get a piece of furniture that is about an hour away tomorrow. And I have 3 loads of laundry sitting here that need to be folded and put away. AND... I need to get February's homeschool put away and March's organized.

Tina had a good day. The baby is less fussy.

It may not last long, but all is well in the Gilmore house tonight :)

Oh, and I just think it is so neat that with the internet, I have friends all over the US. Recently, with the prayers going out for Tina, I have met several different people, a few of which i have had some regular conversations with. I spoke to Jodi today, and she has 22 inches?? of snow outside, wanting to go make a snowman, and I met another new friend in California, and one in Kansas. I think that is SO neat. Then I have my friends in Arizona. I have a friend in Virginia. My family is in Alabama. Matt has an uncle in Texas, and I have a cousin in Texas. It is just neat to me that I can talk to people all over the United States ;) So, Jodi - you will have to send me pictures of your snowman, and I will have to send you some pics of sunshine ;) Maybe I should make a goal of finding a friend in every state - that would be cool :)

OK, off to take a shower, get the stinky fish smell off; and go to bed. Lauren is up again with nightmares. And we did have a tough day with Tyler's anxiety/obsessions. If anyone has any experience there, PLEASE share it with me!! Twice today I had him go draw a picture of what he was upset about, and pray. That actually worked quite well. One other time I had him get his punching bag out and let out his frustration. Several times I had him sit in my lap and we talked about letting the little things go - that didn't work at all. He is also getting obsessed with worrying about us spending money. I put gas in the Expedition tonight, and it was $50. That really upset him. He doesn't want us to have to spend any money. He is wanting to quit Tae Kwon Do because he is having to work to keep up, and he can't just walk in there and know it all. I haven't let him quit, and I am not planning on it unless he just keeps on saying he doesn't want to go. I think he doesn't want to have to work for it ;)

OK, off to bed.

2 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

I saw run through the sprinkler--almost forgetting you are in FL! haha! We still haven't gotten to our snowman. . . . soon, though, our snow isn't going anywhere for awhile! I'm sure more is to come being that it's March. Hubsters says that it is beautiful down there. I'm enjoying the intimate time with my threebies. Nothing too major has gone wrong--we are surviving. Having fun doing stuff we normally do anyway! ha!

Shauna said...

yeah, my kids are still mad when they see news of snow elsewhere. they want to see real snow SOOOOO bad. Personally, I am enjoying the sun :) It actually turned chilly here today... was not expecting that. dressed the kids in shorts and tee shirts, walked outside and was like - WOW, it's chilly ;)