I would love to see inside Tyler's mind; although I am afraid it might be filled with things over my head - lol.
He is SO loving, and always has been. Matt keeps saying that Lauren doesn't think she should have to do anything to help out around the house. While that is partly true (she does help some), the reason she has that attitude is because her twin brother has always done things for her. Even as toddlers before they could talk well, Lauren would say "something" to him, that only he and her understood; and Ty would go and DO whatever it was Lauren was telling him to do. Now, if Lauren doesn't want to do something, or if she wants something Tyler has, all she has to do is cry and he will give her whatever she wants.
Tenderhearted... last night he was whining, so I whined back at him; but to him it sounded like I was getting on to him/yelling at him. He broke down in tears, crumbled into pieces on the couch.
Perfectionist...he didn't crawl until he could crawl faster than any baby I have ever seen. He didn't walk, ride a bike, swim, or do anything else until he felt like he could do it perfectly. He cries when he makes a mistake on schoolwork. I have had to MAKE him stop erasing and re-writing things because he was making holes in the paper. We work on this daily - trying to teach him that he can not and never will be perfect; I think it MAY be working a little bit.
Smart and deep thinker...this is what sparked my interest in writing this post. Daddy bought him the Transformers 2 movie last night, and we are watching it AGAIN today. As he sat there watching it, I could see the wheels turning in his head. He gets up and goes to his room and comes back with one of his Transformers books. He sits there and reads the book, then gets up and goes to get his Transformers toys. He used the movie and the book to make sure he was lining up his toys correctly and playing out the scenes like they were in the book and the movie.
Only God can understand how much I love that little man. (of course I love all of my kids, just writing about Ty right now). I forgot to mention how funny he is. He definately takes after his daddy like that. All the years I prayed for children - I never imagined that God would bless me this much with all that my kids are to me now. The twins will be EIGHT next month - SOOOO hard to believe. They are still so tiny though. We have finally gotten them above 45 pounds, and I think Ty is at about 47 or 48 right now. I picked him up yesterday and he said - you won't be able to do that much longer, I am getting too big. Made me think of the book "Love You Forever", I used to read that to the kids almost every night.
For such a tiny boy, he is filled with so much love, so much compassion, so much wisdom, so many worries, so much of a desire to do everything right, and yet so much laughter and sillyness ;) And his momma loves him more than he will ever know ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment