Saturday, April 2, 2011

mistaken identity

Nothing ever seems to go smoothly around here. We had several things going on at one time... Matt and I were cleaning the kitchen, he was taking the trash out, and the kids were getting ready for bed. Brindi (the dog) had already gotten out of the house once earlier today, and I have NO idea how she got out. But at least she came back. As Matt was taking the trash out he called out to tell me that Brindi was out AGAIN, so I went to go let her in the front door, and I saw the cat coming out of our bedroom (thought to myself about the side door being open where Matt was outside) BUT I also saw TJ (our foster baby who is now 18 months old) getting out of his bed AGAIN... so I was trying to get the dog, the baby, and keep the cat inside. I got the dog in, I got the baby back in bed, but sure enough - the cat got out.

A little while later, Matt tells Lauren to look outside and see if she sees him. She said "yes, he's on the porch." So Matt goes outside, picks up the cat, and brings it inside. Just as he gets inside the door, the cat goes CRAZY - claws out, scratching, trying to get away. So he puts it down, and all of us at once say "is that our cat??" Nope, it looked very similar to our cat - but it was NOT our cat - LOL.

We opened the door to let the cat out, Brindi decided to chase it, Matt chased after Brindi... got the dog back inside. But as of now - the cat still has not returned.

Don't know why I found that so funny, but I have laughed ever since that happened. I think you had to see it. Matt was holding it, trying to pet it, and it was fine until he walked through the door; then it went crazy... and about 5 seconds later we all went - "that's NOT Smokey"!! It was really funny.

Now I just hope OUR cat comes home, because if he doesn't, I am going to have one VERY sad little girl on my hands.

UPDATE - I was about to hit the button to publish this post when Madison saw Smokey outside. I went to get him and he would let me get about 2 feet away from him, but no closer. I am already in my pajamas, chasing this stupid cat in our front yard with a flashlight. He goes across the street, into the neighbors yard, since she is a church member, I decide it is ok to go into her yard at 11:00 at night chasing my cat. Finally, he went sniffing around a trash can, and after running through a cobweb - YUCK - I reached out and caught him by his tail. So all is well. It is 11:20 PM, I have all members of the family, including all pets; so I am off to bed :)

1 comment:

jodilee0123 said...

hahahahha! Good thing I read your post, I forgot our cat ran outside earlier. . . but he was waiting at the deck door to come in. It's still chilly here, so I'm sure he didn't want to stay out all night. I used to chase him down, but I can't now--not with my little ones always into something. They can't be left alone for a minute! I would have peed my pants laughing if that happened here...grabbing the wrong cat! ha! yep, sounds like our house! :0)