Monday, April 11, 2011

What I Want to Be

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up - lol ;)

For the first part of my adult life, I know what God called me to do. He gave me my wonderful husband, he led me down the road of infertility for a reason, he blessed me with my children, and he fulfilled my calling to be a wife and a mommy.

I am still called to be a wife and a mommy, and it is an ongoing learning opportunity for me. I am constantly seeing things in a new light, and trying to be the best wife and mommy I can be.

However, I think my calling as a fosterparent is coming to an end. It has taken me a few years to be at peace with this idea - perhaps that was in God's plan as well.

Now, as I am approaching 40 in a few years; I am prayerfully considering this possiblity:

IF it is in God's will, I am planning on going back to school. It will be part time until the kids are a little bit older. It will take me a little bit longer because of not wanting to spend too much time away from home and my family - BUT... my goal/hope is to get my RN. I am going to do a LPN - RN transition program, so it won't take that long. Then, I hope to get a part time job at an OB/GYN office, or perhaps in a hospital somewhere related to birth/babies - be it in the NICU as I have always dreamed of, or in labor and delivery, or as I have done before - in the newborn nursery. At that point, I will also enroll in a Christian University to get my BS in Biology. When I graduate with that degree, my ultimate goal is to pursue a career in embryology!!!! :) I get so excited thinking about this!!!! BUT... I am hoping and praying that by the time that happens - and it will be years from now; that there will be a clinic close by that does embryo adoption/transfers only - because obviously I want to help these little ones live, not die!! Oh, I get so excited thinking about being able to help other people get their precious babies when they adopt frozen embryos!!!!!!! :)

It will be a long road, and lots of work. I want to make sure it doesn't take away from my family. And I definately want to make sure it is in God's plan for my life, and not just my own. But I am excited about even the possibility!!!

No comments: