
We have had a lot of changes in our lives lately. We are pretty used to this, actually. Between being foster parents - with kids coming into and leaving our home on a regular basis, and being in the ministry which brings lots of interesting and always changing events into our lives, it does take quite a bit to knock us off ballance. But I have to say - I feel a little wobbly lately. Kelly, Sharlene, and Jen - I know you have all asked me how we are doing lately - and we REALLY are doing alright. I know you are all sincere in your concern for my family. But, being honest, I am a worrier. I would like to say that it is not that I don't trust God. I just finished reading "The Shack" - great book, will talk more about that later - but it did give me greater insight into how I view God. Mainly my need to trust Him more. I do think that I sincerely believe that God wants the best for me, and I believe whole-heartedly that He is capable of doing whatever He sees fit. I guess my failure comes when I don't see answers to prayer right away. I am not, nor have I ever been a very patient person. I don't doubt one bit that God is already making plans and leading us in our lives to fulfill His purposes, and one day soon I will see it all put together and go "OH, so that is what He was doing" But until then, I worry if I am doing the right things. I don't want to "do" too much, not trusting God to lead, and I don't want to "do" too little - to not be responsible for what God has given to me. SO... I am praying a lot and taking one day at a time, praying that God will use us where He wants us, and help us to be faithful - knowing that He is faithful, even when we are not.
As for "The Shack", if you haven't read it, I highly recomend it! It was awesome! I read the entire book last night. I couldn't put it down.
One thing I want to write about occasionally is cute things the kids say or do. There are already so many things that have become fuzzy memories to me, and I wish I would have written about them before now so I wouldn't forget. One thing Tyler says that I just love is the way he says comfortable - "comfterby", to be specific "Mommy, your hair is so comfterby. He likes to rub my hair on his face. Although - speaking of change - I got it cut about 1 month ago and it is hard for him to do this now.
I have to tell you about the picture of me and my new haircut. First of all, Jen I only cropped you out because I didn't know if you would want me to post your picture, and it is 1:00 AM, and I am guessing that you don't want me to call you to ask permission right now,lol. But for everyone else - I do NOT have a nose ring. In one day I decided to get my hair cut and get my ear pierced at the top. My friend Jen and I thought it would be fun to send Matt a picture (he knew about the haircut, but nothing else) and put stick on jewels/studs on our noses and tell him we got our nose pierced too. Hee Hee.
2 comments:
Great to see you Shauna! Tammy passed on your blog. I've just started my first year homeschooling as well. Exciting...and tiring stuff. :)
Hi Kelli, it's good to hear from you too. You are right about homeschooling being exciting and tiring :)
Post a Comment