Wednesday, August 6, 2008

my first blog

Well, we will see how this goes. I have thought about setting up a blog site for a while. It seems I often have quite a bit to say, and not many opportunities to talk to someone over the age of 13. And lets be honest, anyone under the age of 13 is not really listening anyway. More than anything, I want a place to write about our daily lives, and be able to look back months or years from now and see what was happening. I am not good about writing things down, I do NOT like to scrapbook, and although we take lots of pictures they usually get left on the memory card or if they do get printed, they get stuck in a box somewhere.
Let me introduce you to my lovely family. My husband Matt is a pastor and a teacher. He just resigned from the church we had been at for 4 1/2 years. He is looking at possibly going back into youth ministry. I believe he will do an awesome job wherever God leads him to minister next. We have 4 children - Scott - 20, Madison - 8, Tyler and Lauren - 5. I will introduce them later, and brag about them some :) We also have a wonderful foster daughter who is 13. We have been foster parents for 12 years, and medical foster parents for 7 years. All of the foster children we care for have some kind of medical issue. I am also a pediatric nurse, although I only work occasionally outside of the home. We have 2 dogs - Duke is a 10 year old 1/2 Rottweiler 1/2 Lab, and Lexi is a 1 year old Rottweiler. We also have a turtle the kids lovingly named "swimmy" - they aren't the most creative bunch of kids you'll ever meet :)
I am hoping to meet new people, and make new friends; as well as give my family and friends that live far away a chance to keep up with the kids.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hi Shauna! I'm so glad you are doing this. I had to laugh because we are so much alike. I don't like scrapbooking anymore either and I rarelyl print out any of my pictures either! Your family is beautiful, although I would love to see some pics of the turtle..lol! I love turtles and I have always wanted one to keep inside our house. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing what you guys are up to. You are such a sweetheart and have really been and encouragement to me:).
Love,
Aimee