Why is it that we sometimes have a hard time sharing God’s plan of salvation with others? I was given an opportunity to ask someone about their relationship with God this week, and I didn’t do as much as I should have. In fact, I did very little at all. It was not the ideal place or time – we only had a few minutes to talk, and we were in a place where we would have been interrupted frequently, just not a great place to talk in general. Still… it is so important that we take EVERY opportunity to share Christ – I may not ever have another chance with this person. Now, my intent is to buy her a bible and give her a card letting her know that I am praying for her (she shared some needs with me that day), and I will include either a track, or highlight the Roman Road, etc. But, I still feel bad knowing I didn’t do what I should have.
The very next night I was given the opportunity to ask 2 different people about their relationship with God, and I did. It is not that I am “scared” to discuss Christ or salvation with people. And I am not ashamed of Christ or my relationship with Him. In fact the lady I missed the opportunity with knows that I am a Christian and that my faith is very important to me, I have even talked to her about church before. I think the reason I sometimes don’t share Christ with people is because I am afraid it will come across as sounding “fake” “unreal” “rehearsed” Does that make sense? I want people to see God’s love in my life. And when I talk to people about God, I want them to know that He is real, and He really loves them. I find it hard to sum that up into a 3 minute conversation and make it real. I know I could say “God loves you, and if you love Him too and let him have control of your life, you can live with Him forever in Heaven”. My fear is that if just thrown out there it will sound “religious” and not “real”. I am much better at sharing Christ with people when I have time to follow through with the conversation. Anybody out there feel more comfortable sharing Christ’s love with others in “quick” situations? Anybody out there struggle with this too? I pray that God will forgive me for my failures, and help me to do better with each day that He gives me.
No comments:
Post a Comment