Saturday, May 30, 2009

At the Throne

That's where my Granny is tonight. I know, because I asked her where she was going to go when she got to heaven, and she smiled and said "I'm going to sit at the Throne"

The next day I turned the radio on and this song immediately started playing:
Before the throne of grace I come
Humble and repentant one
With sorrow for the deeds I've done
Before the throne of grace I come
Before the throne of grace I fall
With a trembling voice I call
For pardon from the Lord of all
Before the throne of grace I fall
I love the Lamb
Who took my sin
Whose Mercy makes me clean again
Before the throne of grace I hear
Your debt is paid your name is clear
Such precious words of life so dear
Before the throne of grace I hear
I love the Lamb Who took my sin
Whose Mercy makes me clean again
I rise with words of grateful praise
Knowing now the only way
Before the throne of grace I stand
Is all because the Son of Man
Bears my wounds in His Feet and Hands
So before the throne of grace I stand
Before the throne of grace I stand
Before the throne of grace I stand
[ Before The Throne Of Grace Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]
Song by Point of Grace
Thank you Jesus for my Granny who lived her life in a way that led me to You. Thank you for letting me spend the last few days of her life here on earth with her. Thank you for letting me be there when you came to take her home. Thank you for this song, this gift that you gave to me to confirm Your love for Granny, Your love for me. Thank you for my son and his simple child like faith when he said "God came and picked Granny up and took her to Heaven" If only we could all just accept it with that much faith and acceptance. Being there when she went to live with You, has helped me cope with my temporary loss; because I saw her go from one place to the other. I wish I could have seen what she saw... but seeing her go peacefully and willingly... Thank you Jesus. I love You! Thank you for our time together on the drive back home. Holy Spirit please stay with me and help me to continue to sense your presence as I deal with my grief and temporary loss. I love you Lord! You are awesome!

2 comments:

April said...

Sorry your grandma passed away! I pray for your comfort for you and your whole family.

Shauna said...

Thank you April!!