
First of all, Taryn, I hope you don't mind I used your picture :) This is my beautiful niece, Taryn, with Granny and Pa.
Granny loved her family. My goal in life is to be like Jesus, but Granny sure did give a good example of how to love your family AND how to love God.
I remember when I was a little girl, Granny would tell me stories of how she and her brother used to sing gospel songs on the radio; and I thought that was amazing :) Granny would sing anywhere. She sang her favorite hymns around the house, in the yard, in the car, wherever. But the cooloest thing was when I was a teenager and a Bon Jovi fan (I know, don't hold that against me - lol) Granny would sing BonJovi songs right along with me - in the house, in the car, and even in an icecream store :) She loved to sing, but she loved me more. She taught me that you can have fun and love Jesus too... in fact, that is the way it was meant to be. I never heard her pray for me, but I know she did. I watched her read her Bible, sing about Jesus, and love her family. I know my goal is to be like Jesus; but Granny gave me a great example to follow of living to try and be like Jesus. When I am old(er), or when I leave this world, I hope my children (and hopefully grandchildren) will have memories about me like I have about Granny. Memories of faith lived out, love, fun, sweet and gentle, and maybe a little stubborn too ;)
To the great grandchildren: Scott, Taryn, Bishop, Whitney, Dawson, Madison, Ashley(I know I spelled that wrong, but I can't remember how you spell it, my brain is still not functioning at 100%), Tyler, Lauren, and George... you guys may not remember as much about Granny as much as your parents do; or your memories may be of her after her dementia set in. Let me tell you that she loved each and every one of you! We joke about some of you being the favorites, but I know she loved you all VERY much!! And what she wanted more than anything, is for all of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren to love Jesus and live for Him. I will continue to pray for all of you, as I'm sure Granny did (and Pa still does). Life is tough, and there are many distractions. Just don't forget that the most important thing is to love God with all of your heart, live out your faith, and have fun doing it!!
1 comment:
That is beautiful Shauna. Although I was not around as often the same things struck me as awesome. Her beautiful singing and her kind and gentle ways. She lived a beautiful life here on earth and I am sure that she is singing with her brother and the angels choir today....
Post a Comment