I have discovered that if you are in menopause and live in Florida, it is virtually impossible during the winter months to determine if you are having hot flashes, OR it is just the weather - lol.
The past 2 nights I have had a horrible nights sleep, partly due to being so hot and waking up sweating. This morning, the FIRST thing I did was go get my laptop and I was headed on a mission to email my doctor and tell him that I needed an appointment ASAP to get more estrogen pellets because the ones I got last week have worked WONDERFUL except for the fact that I am having night sweats. On my march through the kitchen to the couch in the living room, I see a note from the night nurse which read: "I put a fan in the kids room last night because it was so hot in there". Instead of emailing my doctor, I emailed Veronica (night nurse)and told her that I was SO glad she wrote me that note - lol. That saved me a trip to the doctor, and eased my mind. :)
We went out to dinner one night this week and Matt and I kept taking our jackets off, and then putting them on. We were seated in the middle of 3 outside doors, so every time a door got opened, it made it cool; but then when the doors were closed for a while we would get hot. We mentioned this to our waitress (who was awesome, we had such a good time chatting with her), and she said "yeah, I think I am going to call my mom and tell her I now know how she feels with her hot flashes ;) Then we were out with Matt's mom yesterday, and we sat outside and it was so hot that Lauren asked if we could go swimming - lol.
And... I am sitting here now looking out the window watching in POUR down rain. My MIL said that it looks like a hurricane at her house, that all of her stuff in her back yard is blown over to one side of the yard, and her sliding glass doors - ON her COVERED back porch - have been washed by the rain. Here at our house the wind isn't as bad, but it is coming a flood. Poor Brindi did NOT want to go outside to potty this morning, and had to have a bath before she could come back inside.
And to my friends who share an interest in hormones after hysterectomy, etc - this is the first time since starting my hormone pellets about a year and a half ago that even though I knew exactly when my pellets were used up and gone by how I felt; I actually did not get that bad. The worst part was lack of energy. And 2 days after getting my pellets placed, I could definately tell that they were kicking in. With the exception of adjusting some of my other meds that I base around my hormone therapy; it was a very easy transition this time - with no major problems. The pellets weren't an immediate solution for me in the beginning - they did help the first time I got them; but this is the first time that I feel 100% satisfied with them, and feel like myself, and am very glad that I feel the way I do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment