Lauren and I flew to Alabama this past week to be with my granddad for a few days. We had such a good time. However, while we were there, my grandfather's brother passed away. I am glad I was able to be there with him during that difficult time. There was also a few stories of when they were growing up, etc - some reflection. It made all of us want MORE stories, more legacy, more reflection. I have seen my grandfather grow so much closer to God through the past few years, during the most difficult time of his life. Christ's love shines through him :) It was also neat to see how his older sister still looks out for her "little" brother. As they were walking through the cemetery to get to the grave-site, both of them with their walkers and family standing close by to help them should they fall, my Aunt Mildred who is 90 years old asked her daughter where my grandfather (her little brother who is 84 years old) was and if he was ok. Isn't that sweet ;) There is hopefully going to be a time soon when the remaining siblings get together to share stories about growing up, and I am hoping and praying I can be there for that!!!!
This morning I received this Bible verse:
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God" (2 Corinthians 3:5).
Then the devotional went on to talk about how a young boy made the relation of how the moon is a reflection of the sun's light, and how WE are to be a REFLECTION of the "Son's" light. WOW!!!
I also saw some amazing sights from the airplane this time. The sky was covered with clouds. As we looked out the window of the plane we saw a blanket of fluffy clouds as far as the eye could see. It was AMAZING!! On the trip home, it was at sunset; and the colors on top of the clouds were indescribable. It was a reflection of the sun's light. There was the blanket of clouds with colors of blue, purple, etc - not like a rainbow - almost iridescent - but beautiful!!
Lord, I know I fail you every day, but please help me today to be a reflection of Your love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment