We have started back with homeschool after a break since Thanksgiving. We always take the entire month off for December. I have to say, I feel refreshed, and I think the kids do too. Granted this is only the second day back in school, but we are all enjoying it and all 3 kids are doing SOOOO good!! The baby is even cooperating for me - a little bit anyway ;)
I wish I could put pictures of the baby on here... he got a haircut the other day and he looks like such a big boy now :) He is finally saying Daddy more often, which is a nice break from MommEEEEEE all the time. He has called "Madi" a few times, and I am pretty sure I heard him say "Tyler" this morning. Lauren is still "Ma" - which we call her "La" so that could be why.
I am looking forward to this New Year. I have some expectations and the direction I think the Lord is leading me with my life. We will keep our foster daughter until they find an adoptive home for her, and there is the "possibility" of us adopting our foster baby. (as a side note - I truly LOVE my foster daughter, but she just does not get along with the other kids, and it causes me great stress. But I do love her very much, because I have known her for 4 years; so please join with me in praying that the state finds her a loving, Christian home to be her forever family).
After these 2 find their forever homes, I think we are going to call it quits with foster care for a while. In a way, it breaks my heart. I still have a strong desire to care for these children who need a loving home, a family for whatever amount of time. But, I am getting old and tired ;) There are so many times that we have to cancel plans for something we intended on doing with Madi, Ty, or La because of foster care. I want them to have a heart for kids/people in need; but I also want them to be able to have a social life that is lacking right now because of how busy I am, etc.
I look forward to finishing this homeschool year, and seeing growth in my children. Being a homeschool parent is an adventure, and I don't know about other people, but I know my views, my ways of teaching, my expectations, my goals are constantly being renewed. I use the word renewed because I always have wanted them to learn about God first, and academics second; but to excel in academics and grow in love for God and other people. That always remains true. But my ways of accomplishing that are always changing depending on what I see from my kids. I am excited about homeschool right now :)
I love our church and I look forward to what this next year has in store for us!
And last, but definately NOT least, I love my husband, and I look forward to hopefully having some more time with him later on this year, hopefully ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment