Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another Mom Moment

I really thought that after being a foster mom for 13 1/2 years, 30 foster kids, being a mom to 4 kids, teaching preschool early on, then becoming a pediatric nurse, that I had pretty much experienced anything that might come my way. Well today, I had a first as a mom. Tyler actually brought me his scab that came off of his arm and gave it to me. At least he laid it on my computer instead of placing it in my hand. He just gave it to me, told me what it was, and walked away. Like that is what he was supposed to do. LOL.

I have been sick since last night. Actually, I started having body aches on Tuesday, but I thought it was because of some work I did out in the yard. Then last night I couldn't sleep even with Tylenol PM, because I was hurting so bad, and I had a fever. I NEVER run a fever. I have probably only ran a fever a handful of times since adulthood. And it never gets over 100.5 or so. THe only other time I can remember running a high fever was right after the twins were born. I had come home with them and the next day started with a fever of 103, I really should have gone to the doctor, but didn't. Well, even with tylenol around the clock today, my fever is still 102. I feel CRAPPY!!!!!!!! The baby has been fussy for the past few days, but he hasn't run a fever. I have a slight cough, but nothing major. Who knows, but I am praying that the kids don't get it!!! Especially Tina and the baby who tend to get really sick when they get something. I had my flu shot this year - just like every other year; but maybe it is a different strain??? IDK, I just know i do not like feeling this way. Of course I got nothing accomplished today. Yuck.

And... Lauren is crying right now because I am making her pull her tooth that is about to fall out. It is so loose, one pull and it will come out. That does mean that I will have to take her to the store tomorrow though. We don't do the tooth fairy thing; instead they have a choice of icecream, donuts, or a dollar store toy. They like it. Madi has pulled out almost all of her teeth. If she thinks one may be loose she will work at it till she gets it out. In fact she said the other day that her tongue never gets a rest because her teeth are crooked... to which I replied - your tongue never gets a rest because you never stop talking ;) Not to mention she hardly has that many teeth left.

OK, just took some ibuprophen, hoping it doesn't hurt my stomach, but I have to break this fever.

2 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

Ah! I hope you feel better soon! All three kids and me are on antibiotics. The baby is nebbing every three hours. The kids are puking from coughing so hard. I have been thinking about you and your email. . . deeply. And praying. and praying. and praying. I will email you soon! Feel better! rest! ha! I was up all night with baby last night. . . It's a miracle I can run on this little of sleep! :0) Take care!

Shauna said...

wow! I will be praying for you too! Yeah, we have nebs going here too. I hope you guys all feel better soon!!!!