Monday, March 30, 2009

INDESCRIBABLE


If you haven't seen the video by Louie Giglio "Indescribable", you need to see it. It is AWESOME!! It has pictures from space taken by the Hubble Telescope (they are amazing) and Louie talks about how awesome and BIG our God is; and how SMALL we are. I wouldn't do it justice to try to tell you more about it - but if you get a chance, please watch it.






I tend to try to control things myself. I am not a bossy person (at least I don't think I am), but if something is not right, I want to try to fix it. My God is BIG; REALLY, REALLY BIG. And I am NOT. So I need to learn to let HIM control things, since He knows more and sees more than me!








My twins were adopted as frozen embryos, and some people question the worth of frozen embryos because they are SOOOO small, so much "less developed" than grown adults for instance. In the video "Indescribable" there are numerous pictures about how BIG our world is.



In the following picture you will see a small arrow pointing to what looks like a spec of dust - that is EARTH!






SOOO.... How SMALL are we ALL!?!?!? And... How BIG is our God!!! If a person's worth is questioned by their size, or their stage of development, or how "significant" they are in some peoples view... Exactly how big are we? How do we compare in size or develpment compared to the universe?

















An embryo is too small to see with the naked eye... A person is too small to see from an airplane high in the sky, the earth is so small it is visible in its entirety to astronauts in space, and the earth is so small that it looks like a spec of dust from farther out in space... and that doesn't even cover all of it! So how can we judge value based on size?? And yet, why would a God capable of creating everything from the tiniest embryo to the biggest galaxy choose to leave Heaven and come to live on this tiny little planet with us tiny little people to die on the cross to save us from ourselves??? Because out of all the amazing things he created, he loves us the MOST!! More than the billions of stars that He formed into amazing artwork, He loves the US - tiny embryos, preborn babies, children with no-one to love them, adults who have made bad choices, elderly people who are looking back on their lives here on earth; God loves us ALL SO much that he left Heaven and lived as a human, died a painful death, and returned to Heaven to wait for us there.

Our God is BIG, REALLY, REALLY BIG!!! And we are NOT. But He loves us anyway. THAT is awesome!!!



The Hubble Space Telescope took a picture of a black hole in the middle of the Whirlpool Galaxy.
That is INDESCRIBABLE!!!!

1 comment:

Our Journey to Africa said...

What a great post. That could be a sermon! :) Have a great weekend!

~audrey