The kids are always buggin us to go to Chuck E Cheese, but it can get expensive, so we have not taken them much. I had them decorate an old coffee can and turned it into a piggy bank, and told them they all could choose how much $$ of their allowance they wanted to contribute to the Chuck E Cheese fund. They had to raise $20 and then we would pay the rest. They LOVED it!!! I reward them with quarters when they help me with the house, or the foster kids, etc.; that is on top of their allowance for the chores they are supposed to do every day.
We went to Chuck E Cheese last week and had a BLAST!!!! I think they really liked it more, knowing they earned part of the $$. So here's my question. I need more ideas for places they can earn $$ towards. Right now they are saying they want to go bowling, but I don't think they are very excited about it because they aren't putting much $$ in or talking about it much. Also, I don't think they would really be able to bowl (physically) - at least not well, because the twins are so small.
We have lots of BIG places to go around here. They really want to go back to Sea World, but they would have to save a LOT of $$ for that - lol.
Any ideas?? What do you like to do with your kids??
2 comments:
if it's really helping, repeating chuck e. cheese could be an option!
a wholesome kid movie could be another... or renting movies. they wouldn't even have to earn as much - quick results.
I like the movie idea. We hardly ever take them TO the movies, we rent movies here more often. I will suggest going to the movies to them. :)
Post a Comment