Tuesday, August 11, 2009

prayer for my grandad

Well, when they did the heart cath, they discovered that the first stent they had put in was already closed up to 80% again with scar tissue. SO... they did not do anything else at that time; and have since decided that open heart surgery is the best option. It should happen sometime next week.

He said to me "I don't "want" to die, but if God calls me home tomorrow, I am ready".

Please pray for peace for grandad, as well as for his health.

Thank you!
shauna

2 comments:

Cyndi L said...

Oh Shauna, I can hear him say that. What a sweet sweet man. I am sorry that the stint didn't work. I am praying that God guides the surgeons hands and can repair his hear so that you may have more time to spend with him here on earth. We are very blessed to have such wonderful models of strong faith in our lives. I look to Uncle Jim, Aunt Irene, all my family there in AL for that matter, my Mom and Dad, sometimes when my faith is challenged and they show me how it's done. A blind trust in God. He truly is great and takes care of us always. Many hugs to you .....

Love you
Cyndi

Shauna said...

Thanks for the prayers Cyndi!! And you are so right about us being blessed by models of faith. I told Grandad the same thing!