Thursday, October 1, 2009

Twins Again

I would guess (didn't look it up on Webster's) that the definition of "twins" is 2 children born at the same time, by the same parent (mother). Well, Tyler and Lauren were born "again" tonight to the same Father, our One and Only Heavenly Father!! :)
So they are twins again - born at the same time in 2003, and again tonight; 10/1/2009.

The Bible says "believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and you will be saved". Tyler and Lauren have believed that Jesus is Lord for a while now, and they have grown in their love for God over the past year or 2. They have said almost every day for the past year "I love God"... so technically, they have fulfilled that verse before tonight. But tonight was definately Spirit led. Tyler and Lauren were wound up (they always get wound up around 4:00 and stay wired until they go to sleep - we can't figure it out). Matt had gone to take pictures (Doni - this was his first newborn shoot; I will have to send you ((and Tammy)) pics soon). We were sitting at the table eating dinner (cereal, as sad as that is - daddy wasn't home and mommy didn't feel like cooking, and cereal is their favorite; so why not - lol. All of a sudden they both got quiet and still and Lauren said "How do we go to Heaven" I know she meant how do we physically get there; but Matt and I had already discussed a few days ago that it might be time to start talking a little bit more to them about sin, salvation, etc. So, I answered some of their questions and they both said "I love God, I love Jesus, I want to go to Heaven, and I want to be baptized". :) :)

We will talk to them some more because of their age, but I am confident that they understood their decision and meant it. Lauren has talked about it all night. She couldn't wait to tell Daddy when he got home.

Happy momma tonight :)

No comments: