Friday, October 9, 2009

What can happen in 5 days

It has been 5 days since I posted, so i thought i would give you an update on what has happened the past 5 days:

1. New foster baby has been pretty sick and in hospital - finally have him home now :)

2. Tyler and Lauren finally answered questions right and prayed and asked Jesus to forgive them of their sins, and said they want to be baptised. Matt was sitting there, but just kept working on his paperwork - while really listening. The kids LOVE their daddy!! VERY much so! They are not scared of him at all, so I have NO idea why they froze up when talking to him about this?? Anyway, they did it all on their own - they understand, they prayed, they asked for forgiveness, and they asked to be baptised. :) :) :)

2b. One thing they are terrified about (and most adults are too when they encounter this time of their life) - they are scared about walking down the isle to talk to daddy about being baptised, and then the people watching them be baptised. SO... I don't know if this is spiritually acceptable or not, probably not the best... BUT I kinda bribed them (Pam, this is why I tried to call you yesterday - lol). I told them that when they are baptised that Pam and Brittany will most likely come see them :) (Pam - we will work with your schedule; and sorry I used you without asking you - lol) So now they are still nervous, but more excited about Pam and Brit coming that they aren't thinking about all the people looking at them. That may not be extremely ethical, but if that is the worst thing I do today, I'll be doing good :) All I did was try to take their attention off of their fear of being looked at by all those people.

3. Went shopping for fall festival outfits, and discovered that my 9 year old is getting VERY close to being a teenager - in attitude even if not in age :0

4. Found some new herbal supplements, etc. that are REALLY helping with Lauren's ADHD. I am very happy about it because I did not want her on meds because she already has tummy issues. It is not as extreme of a change as i see with madi and her meds, but it is enough to help her focus on schoolwork and not get in trouble as much; as well as get along better with her brother and sister. :)

5. Wednesday... let me just tell u about Wed. I went to the church to make dinner and then the following happened in a matter of an hour... I knocked my glass of mello yello (by the way do u have mello yello where u live? It is everywhere in Al, north FL, GA, etc... but in central and south FL it is very hard to find. So I don't get it that often, and it is my FAVORITE! Matt found some the other day and bought me 3 12 packs - he is so good!!) Anyway, I knocked my glass of mello yello off the counter, shattered the glass and spilled a full glass of sticky soda ALL over the kitchen floor (15 min. before people were to arrive for dinner). Jen got there and mentioned the french fries, and I realized that I had forgotten them for the 2nd time (happened at one other meal) in the deep freezer. We started them on 450, bumped it up to 500, and eventually turned it on broil; and carried them around to the people while they were eating. I was late getting the coffee started, and don't know what I did wrong (I fix coffee every wed. night) but their were grains all in the reg. coffee, not in the decaf thank goodness. Went to fix the kids a plate, forgot I had water running in the sink, came back to find a flood. Made sloppy joes for dinner and put 1/4 ground beef and 3/4 ground chicken because we have quite a few people that can't tolerate red meat well. 1/2 way through dinner a lady comes up and asks me how I made the sauce, as I'm telling her, she looks scared and says "I am allergic to chicken" ARGHHH!! Oh my GOODNESS!!! I go check on her, she is lookin kinda scared, holding her throat some, etc. So I RAN to the house, gave her 3 benadryl and an albuterol inhaler in case she needed it. She ended up being alright. Thank you Jesus!!!

6. I have a REALLY funny story about Tyler, but also really gross, and Matt said I can't write it on here; BUT if you email me, I will tell you :)

That's not even 1/2 of what all happened, but gotta go now. Thankful I have my little baby back home, and thankful I didn't kill anyone with my dinner on Wed.!!

2 comments:

Our Journey to Africa said...

I've been reading faithfully and was SO excited to hear that you said "YES" to the new foster baby. I've been looking forward to the day when I could tell you, "WE FINALLY GOT THAT CALL!!" Our agency called yesterday and said everything was finally filed correctly in GA and we'll be getting a call that they have children for us in as little as 24 hours! I'm sure I'll have questions and need advice very soon!
I'm so glad the baby is back home and out of the hospital!
love
audrey

Shauna said...

Audrey, I am SOOOO excited for you!!! And yep, I bet you will have a child VERY soon!!

Can't wait to hear about it!!