Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Who Is Jesus"

Well, Matt talked to the twins about their prayer the other night. I was sitting in here too, but was trying to be quiet and let Matt talk to them, and ask his own questions to them. Well, he talked to Tyler first; and Tyler answered all of the questions with a clear understanding and his words showed his love for God. Then... Matt asked him "what is sin" and Ty answered "bad" (he went on to answer more in depth correctly"; and Matt said "so who needs forgiveness of sin" to which Ty promptly answered "you and mommy". LOL and oh my goodness, that stinkin little boy!! He then got extremely silly and it was pointless to continue the conversation, so we will go at his pace (and I am satisfied that he loves God and understands salvation very well for a 6 year old).

Then it was Lauren's turn. Matt started with "Who is Jesus", to which she replied "I don't know" ARGH!!! Matt asked her again, "Lauren, who is Jesus", she looked at him funny and said in a questioning tone of voice "Moses". I could NOT be quiet anymore. I reminded her that she knew who Jesus was the day before, (as well as a lot of other important facts). But it was pointless, she continued to insist that she didn't know who Jesus was. So we will talk to her at her own pace as well (again, I am certain that she loves God, and despite her answer, that she DOES know who Jesus is, and has a clear understanding of salvation for a 6 year old.)

Then, while Lauren was still sitting there, Madi walks by. This is the child who has witnessed to people in doctor's office waiting rooms, friends who have come over to play with her, etc. Matt says "Madi, Who is Jesus"? She shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know" AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What was going on with them that night?!?!

So... this morning at church, Jen says to Lauren "Tell Mr. Phillip what you did the other night, about your prayer. Lauren repeats to them all the right answers she had said to me the other day.

I don't know what their deal was the other night, but it was funny in a very frustrating kind of way. I am not upset about it, because I know that they do know who Jesus is. Tyler and Lauren have said since they were about 2 or 3 that Jesus died on the cross, then 3 days later "he woke up". Now at 6, they add that He died for our sins on the cross, and both have talked about how we couldn't go to Heaven if Jesus hadn't died for our sins. They know He is the son of God, they know He died for our sins, and that He rose from the dead. They say EVERY day that they love God. They are starting to be offended by things that contradict God and His word (like shows on t.v., things we see out in stores - especially here at halloween). So, all that matters is that God know their hearts and that they love Him, and they talk about how Jesus is God and how He died on the cross, and "woke up" 3 days later. Not to mention they are only 6, so I am completely happy with where they are spiritually right now. But I am frustrated with the little boogers for playing like that didn't have a clue about anything when their daddy tried to talk to them!!

Grrrrrrrrr!

No comments: