We let one go 2 days ago; and we let one go yesterday; then today we noticed that 2 more had climbed up on the wall of their container where the first one dried off some and dropped its tail. SO, I didn't mess with them right away. This afternoon we found both of them dead in the water. We have a rock for them to get on to be able to breathe, but it had fallen under water too deep for them.
So... then I had a thought - science project - disect the frogs that had already died. So I set them out on a paper towel and told Matt and Madi where they were (much to Matt's disliking - lol) because I had to go somewhere. When I got back, Matt kept complaining of a fish smell, I didn't smell anything. Then I thought - where are the frogs??? I start looking and someone had put a heavy pot on top of the dead frogs on the paper towel - now they were squished - YUCK! So, no science project. That's ok, not sure I am ready to tackle that with my 3 kids anyway - the thought of them with a sharp object is just plain scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment