I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow for my back. I am NOT going to tell them that I went horseback riding with Madison on Wednesday ;) It may not have been good for my back; but it certainly was good for my emotional/mental wellbeing! I had such a good time. It has been several months since I got to ride, and I rode western instead of english, and I enjoy western so much better. Although the horse I rode doesn't neck reign, so I still had to do two handed reigning; but that's ok; I think it is the saddle/seat that I prefer and it isn't quite as tough on the muscles in your legs/thighs. Madison was making fun of me before we got in the arena - saying I wasn't even going to be able to get up on the horse - lol. I looked BACK at her one time and said "come on, whatcha waitin on?? LOL She does SOOOO much better when I ride with her. I think it is because of the competition/challenge of having me riding with her. She did so much better this week than last week! I love riding, I always have - but I love riding with my daughter SOOO much more ;) As we went around the far end of the arena, I told her "I love you, Madi". With her being the oldest, she is my helper. She is too big to hold. She is getting to the age that she doesn't want us to kiss on her anymore - lol. So, riding with her, doing something we both love; and really connecting with her - it is priceless :)
Friday, November 5, 2010
Shhh....don't tell
I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow for my back. I am NOT going to tell them that I went horseback riding with Madison on Wednesday ;) It may not have been good for my back; but it certainly was good for my emotional/mental wellbeing! I had such a good time. It has been several months since I got to ride, and I rode western instead of english, and I enjoy western so much better. Although the horse I rode doesn't neck reign, so I still had to do two handed reigning; but that's ok; I think it is the saddle/seat that I prefer and it isn't quite as tough on the muscles in your legs/thighs. Madison was making fun of me before we got in the arena - saying I wasn't even going to be able to get up on the horse - lol. I looked BACK at her one time and said "come on, whatcha waitin on?? LOL She does SOOOO much better when I ride with her. I think it is because of the competition/challenge of having me riding with her. She did so much better this week than last week! I love riding, I always have - but I love riding with my daughter SOOO much more ;) As we went around the far end of the arena, I told her "I love you, Madi". With her being the oldest, she is my helper. She is too big to hold. She is getting to the age that she doesn't want us to kiss on her anymore - lol. So, riding with her, doing something we both love; and really connecting with her - it is priceless :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment