Saturday, January 24, 2009

overwhelmed and yucky

I feel overwhelmed and yucky today. It is my own fault... I tend to put things off sometimes, and I get really far behind. I have LOTS of paperwork to do, I have GOT to get my calendars synchronized from my wall calendar, laptop to do list, and calendar on my cell phone - I have missed 2 important appts this week because I had them listed one place and not another. I "want" to spend time with my kids and with Matt, I "want" to spend more time and energy on church right now - I am really excited about the church we are in, and I wish I had more time and energy to put into it. But I am falling behind in my responsibilities of foster care, mainly the paperwork part. I have devoted a good bit of time to homeschooling lately, and feel pretty good about that. My house is definately not clean, but it is cleaner than it has been in a while, and I have even started organizing some of my mounds of paperwork which will help me in the end. BUT if I don't get on top of some of my medical foster care paperwork and appts, I am going to be in BIG trouble. I do NOT have any motivation to do it though. When I feel overwhelmed, I shut down. And, to be honest, I just don't have a great attitued about it.
Matt is taking the youth group on a trip this afternoon - surfing indoors - I am going to go with them because 1)Matt needs a lady chaperone and 2)I really want to get to know the youth better. SO... I don't know if that is a good priority or not, but that is what I am going to do. Then tomorrow is church. And this morning, when I should be working on it, I am here telling you how I DON'T want to do it - LOL. Oh well, maybe I will accomplish at least 1 productive thing before I leave this afternoon. We'll see. :)

2 comments:

ME! said...

I am sorry this is going on with you. I can understand the missing appointments though. It is hard for me, and I am childless!!! One thing that got me on track was google's calender. You can program it to send messages to your email AND text messages to your phone for reminders. I LOVE IT. My husband has one also, and our calenders are linked. My appt. show up in one color and his in another color. I have almost missed doctor's appointments b/c of it, and staff meeting...well, not almost missed- I guess I should say DIDN'T miss.
Sounds like you need a some down time! Go enjoy youself at the indoor surfing place. Don't think about all you have to do when you leave. :) Besides- an INDOOR SURFING PLACE?? That is so cool. uh, just don't break anything!

heidi jo said...

i definitely get this... when i get overwhelmed i should take things in small bites but instead i just want to sit and do nothing (and maybe have a good cry!) :)