Happy New Year!!
I think this is the most excited I have ever been over New Years. For those of you who know me best (probably everyone who reads this), knows about all of my family's trials of 2008. I am so excited about starting a new year and having a "day" to celebrate that new beginning.
I am so glad that God gives us "new beginnings" the very second we ask. I am glad that we don't have to wait for a certain time or day, glad we don't have to do something to earn it, thankful that He loves me!
I am also very excited about starting homeschool again next week. We were 1/2 year ahead with our curriculum when we started this school year in August. The first 2 months we stayed on schedule, then things got very chaotic around here, and it was hit or miss after that. We have used lots of life lessons: Learning to read using signs we see when we are out, learning measurements by helping me in the kitchen, adding and subracting all throughout the day, not to mention the Leapster games and computer games (all learning games). BUT... I am SOOOO excited about a NEW start with homeschool too! I was up until 4 AM two nights ago working on curriculum.
One thing I hope to change personally this year is "letting go of what is not important and focussing more on what IS important". That is true for homeschooling, family life, church, foster care, etc. With my personality, I tend to stress over things. I want to do a good job at everything, but the problem is that I have so much going on that I can't possibly put all of my time and energy into everything that I have to do. I have tried to do that recently and found that there wasn't much of me left after that.
Speaking of that goal - my kids are asking me to play with them right now, so I gotta go.
Funny story real quick. I took Madi to an event the other day to show my appreciation for all of her help with the little kids, house, etc. I locked the doors of the car as we got out. Madi asked me as we were walking away from the car if I had locked the doors, we both looked back and I locked the doors again from the keyless remote. 3 hours later when we returned the passenger side door was standing open. We had parked 3 blocks away from the event (I didn't bring cash with me and didn't have the $$ to park where we were going). There were a few cars going on the streets one block over, but not anyone right where we were. I called Matt, and he called the police non-emergency # for me. Lauren heard Matt tell me that he would call the police. Lauren asked "Is mommy going to jail" To which Matt replied "Not tonight, sweetie - not tonight." What faith my family has in me. ROFL
By the way, there was no evidence of anyone breaking in... I guess Madi just didn't shut the door all the way, and we just didn't notice it.
Shauna
1 comment:
lol that cracked me up
Post a Comment