Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why I do What I do

The past 3 weeks have been tough. Between lots of doctors appts. and our new foster daughter "E" acting out, I have felt like giving up at times.

Tonight, I was giving "E" a bath after she had played in the backyard with the other kids all afternoon. She was COVERED in dirt. As I washed her hair, she said "Thank you mommy". Then I washed her face (3 times to get all the dirt off) and each time she said "Thank you mommy." All in all, I think she must have thanked me 50 times. Then when I was putting her PJ's on, she gave me the biggest hug, smiled at me, and said "I love you mommy".

Then a miracle happened a few minutes ago - lol. Lauren went in VOLUNTARILY and kissed "E" good night. Both of these girls had a really rough morning with behavior issues, then tonight - so good. I don't want to speak too soon, but then again, I will take what I can get. We may end up having a bad night, but at least we have had a good afternoon. :)

2 comments:

the voice of melody said...

What a touching post! Those hugs, kisses, smiles and thank you's can brighten up our day like nothing else. :)

Many sweet blessings!

heidi jo said...

i'll not try to figure it out - just be thankful with you for tonight. :)