Well, last night I walked past Matt as he was working on his sermon; and I noticed on the computer screen in bold letters, one of his major points for today... "It's Time to Stand Up and Fight for What Is RIGHT". Hmmmm... didn't I just say a few days ago that it was hard to know when to stand up and fight for what is right, and when to step back and wait on God. OK... answer # 1.
Then today after church I was talking to a churchmember who totally understood my heart, and my frustrations, and my delima. Talking to him, and hearing him repeat back to me exactly how I feel, what I am thinking, etc. and knowing what he did and what his circumstances ended up being... answer # 2.
Another part of Matt's sermon today was that sometimes Standing up for what is right can cost you something; sometimes it costs a little, sometimes it costs a lot; but in the end it is an honor to serve God, even when it costs you everything.
So... I don't know exactly what "to" do yet; I just know that I need to do "something" I will follow God each day, and try to do what He wants me to each day, and understand that He may have different plans for me from day to day and year to year.
I know this sounds very generic. I appologize for that, but I really can't elaborate any more than I have. Basically I feel like I have been on this path with God, and not only have I come to a fork in the road, but I'm not even sure that He wants me to take 1 road OR the other... I feel drawn down both paths, and both seem right. Both are easier in some ways and harder in some ways. Both involve serving God. And to be honest, I think God may even be leading me through the woods in the middle of the two paths... and I am just not sure how it will work out. But I know He will be with me, and I pray that I will hear him correctly and do what He wants me to do; even if it costs me something (and by the way - both directions WILL cost me something).
But for today, I have at least one clear answer - it is "Time To Stand For What Is Right!"
AFTER writing this post, I went to my igoogle page, and here was my verse for today, so I came back and put it in here:
“Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight.”
Psalm 119:143
No comments:
Post a Comment