Went to a new neurologist the other day. I like him, in the sense of he understands what I am saying, and I understand what he is saying. We seem to be on the same page as far as what I want for myself in my journey to feeling better. The only drawback is he has no bedside manner. He is very blunt and shows no emotion. I typically do NOT relate well to people like that; but because I feel so good about the medical part of it, I think I am going to stick with him. One bad thing is he is changing some of my meds again. Never good for me. But he is doing it slowly, and he has good reasons for the changes he is making. In the meantime, I am feeling better in some ways, and worse in some ways. I also go back for my hormones in early January, so I am sure they are running low and are not helping me to feel better at all.
Having said that... I have really had a good time the past few weeks. I have been outside with the kids almost every day with them riding their bikes. Jen and I have walked and exercised some, which even with the little bit we did, it seemed to give me more energy and feel better. I have been laughing and playing around with the kids and Matt. But then I have times when I am really fighting to pull out of a depressed state. There are things I can do to "help", but nothing really makes it go away except the medication, and I am in the middle of changing some of that. I really hope I can maintain my wellbeing thru the holidays, especially Christmas!! I am going to take care of myself as best I can, and pray to God every day to give me what I need to be who I need to be and do what I need to do. I want to enjoy Jesus birthday, and all the celebrating we do all month long, especially with the kids.
overall... it is good. Just pray that these med changes don't affect me too much.
How do some of you pull yourself out of yucky moods? Music helps me A LOT. Getting out in the sun helps a lot. Spending time with God, of course. Playing with my kids, and spending time with my hubby.
2 comments:
Praying for you, Shauna, that the meds will be an easy and successful transition. I think your ideas for simple things to do to improve moods are very good ones. The thing is sometimes we have to have the gumption to realize that how we feel is perhaps an over reaction due to hormones or other problems. We have to recognize it and then sometimes MAKE ourselves get out in that sunshine, truly hear that music and feel God's hand in our circumstances. Try to relax, enjoy your children, enjoy your husband, and have a great Thanksgiving! :)
post on G4T - wondering how you are doing thus far...
Post a Comment