Sunday, November 22, 2009

Missing Granny; trying to follow her example to have fun in living my life

Christmas is going to be hard this year; 1st year without Granny, the glue that held us all together. BUT... I am also really changing how I view things. I noticed today, that I haven't been screaming at the kids like I used to; I still get stressed kinda easily; but I am finding ways to release that stress; and I am actually enjoying life more. Which is 1 thing I would like to follow Granny's example in how I live my life. She sang when she wanted, where she wanted. She LOVED her family. She earned our respect, and never yelled at us. Pa is having a very hard time right now, please remember him in your prayers. And in honor of my decision to live life to the fullest, even in every day things; i am going to post some of my favorite pictures, some are old, some are fairly new; but when I look at them, I smile :)













3 comments:

Cyndi L said...

Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and my prayers. Many hugs.... Holidays bring so many memories with them. It can get overwhelming and sometimes does..I have a hard time but try to remind myself that everyone that I cannot be with are celebrating together with Jesus. Wow.... that just amazes me. Many hugs to you and everyone there.... love you all

Cyndi

Shauna said...

Love u too Cyndi! Yeah, I can just picture Ma Horn, your Dad and Mom, and Granny - happy to be together again; and just waiting on us to join them there one day!

I will be praying for you guys too... Your parents were wonderful people, and I know you miss them a lot!! Praying for all of you! Love ya!

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.