Thursday, November 5, 2009

the kids have a plan

The kids are eating breakfast right now, we are getting ready to start our homeschool day. Tyler was the one who complained first about not wanting to do work today. The first few weeks of school are fun, then they start to complain about having to do the work, but don't want to give up the fun stuff we do. I have told them many times that it is not an option, we HAVE to do school work. They have not seemed to grasp this idea. SO this morning I explained to them that by law they HAVE to go to school - either public, private, or homeschool; and that if they didn't do one of those things I would be breaking the law and they would put mommy and daddy in jail. Their first response was shock, they didn't know it was a law. Then they said "I am gonna do my work, because I don't want mommy or daddy to go to jail" THEN... they have spent the next 10 minutes coming up with a plan in case we DID go to jail - lol. Madi said "Well, we could go live with Pam" and Tyler said "Yeah, Ms. Jen could take us there" Lauren said "she doesn't know the way, but Aunt Jo Jo could come get us" ETC.... I feel so loved - lol.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sometimes those peeks inside their little brains will scare you! :)