Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January is Right to Life Month


This is my passion. The unborn, frozen embryos, children with disabilities, the thrown away, the abused, the forgotten, the "unwanted". I think I am going to take some time this month to post about how every human deserves the right to life.

I want my first post to be to those who may have made a mistake in the past, those who may have had an abortion, or some other choice that has led to regret and grieving over a loss.

Let me share with you the biggest regret of my life... and I have MANY regrets. When Matt and I adopted Tyler and Lauren as embryos, there were a total of 6 embryos. We had 2 implanted and they both took and were born 37 weeks later. We were left with 4 remaining frozen embryos, 4 children at home, and a monthly bill to keep the remaining embryos frozen. At that point in time we couldn't see far enough into the future to imagine having more children. We were happy with our 4, but the thought of 4 more kinda overwhelmed us. So we made the choice to let them be adopted by someone else. Now, I know that they were given the chance at life... I know they were not destroyed; but because I went with our infertility clinic, and not with Snowflakes or another adoption agency; I don't know where those children ended up; and let me tell you - it eats away at me. I have broken down in tears several times. I beg God for a miracle for me to be able to somehow meet them and JUST know that they are o.k. They were my children, and I let someone else adopt them because I didn't think I could handle 8 children. Some of you may see why I felt that way, and some may not. But now at this point in my life, it is the biggest regret I have. Even if WE didn't keep them, I wish I would have made sure I knew who they went to, so that I would know they were in a good home.

Having said that, I know that is not the same as someone grieving the loss of a child through abortion or miscarriage. It is different, but it still hurts. So let me be very clear from the beginning... I want to share my passion for life for all, including speaking against abortion; BUT if you have had an abortion, please know that Jesus is waiting to hold you in His arms and forgive you, if you haven't already walked that road with Him. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings who may have made a mistake in the past... I want to prevent the loss of more innocent lives by sharing my passion for the right to life for all. Hope that makes sense :)


Picture for today(has nothing to do with the right ot life post, but cute pic):



He LOVES his teddy bear. I can post this pic because it doesn;t show his face. Wish you could see his face too, he is so sweet and cute!!

No comments: