Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Christmas Vacation

We had a great Christmas with some much needed family time. Matt works so many hours, and I seem to be on the go most of the time... so we really enjoyed our slowed down pace, and family time in the camper without so many distractions. We broke our all time record in how long it took us to get to my granddad's house our- normal time 8 - 9 hours... this year... 24 HOURS!!!!! It was crazy! One thing after another, but we made it. The kids got to decorate a real tree that my dad went into the woods and cut down (we do fake trees) so they were really impressed, and the tree was georgous after all the kids decorated it. I got to see my nephew, Bishop, who I haven't seen in a while. And although the cold is not much fun to me... it was kinda nice to have a cold Christmas, instead of wearing shorts on Christmas day. (Having said that, what's up with this cold front??? We have like a week of cold weather ahead of us!) We got to have dinner with Matt's brother and his family. And... I finally (after several failed attempts over the past 2 years) got to meet up with Tammy - we had lunch together and the kids all played. I wish we could have visited longer, and Matt commented he wished he had more time to talk photography with her - lol. OK, enough talk, here are some pictures:


Lauren being silly - the blue on her face is makeup she got for Christmas.


Tyler and his cousin Dawson. Tyler LOOOOOVES to go see Dawson!!! They have a great time playing together, I wish we lived closer so they could play more often.







Can't see the snow in the picture below because of the white background... but this was me "inside" the snowman/igloo that someone had built.




















Picture of Stone Mountain.







My snow "angel" :)






Matt holding the Ginger Bread House together... it didn't make it - looked like a hurricane hit it - LOL





Paw holding the baby :)





Duke enjoying a roll in the leaves, and the cooler weather.





Madi and Ty snow tubing.

No comments: