Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What happened to global warming?

It is crazy cold!! And I know it's warm here compared to most other places. I am hearing we even have a 30% chance of snow flurries Friday - Sat. That figures since we just paid money to go see snow - lol. However, I will be surprised if it snowed here. I think the last time it snowed here was 1977. The low tonight is 26!! Now, I know that some of you - Cyndi and April - are probably NOT feeling to sorry for me right now - lol; BUT we aren't prepared for cold weather like this.

Let me tell you about my day today... I woke up and saw a note from the night nurse that the baby had a rough night last night, so I went in to check on him. He always sleeps for the hour or so between when the nurse leaves and I get up. He wasn't crying, but he was looking VERY sick!!! Can't share all the details (privacy laws) but we ended up in the ER for 5 hours and the Peds floor for 1 hour. Then while we were there I went ahead and got Lauren's EKG done, after that long in the hospital, the kids were not much for sitting still for that.

Then I rushed to the church because I had to cook dinner for tonight. This was after the youth minister and secretary tried to break into our house (with my permission) to try to get food for dinner so they could start it for me; but they couldn't get in and also were afraid I had turned the house alarm on. So around 3:00 Matt got out of school and I got out of the hospital and we both rushed home and to church to get dinner started. About an hour later we realized we needed stuff from the store. I almost ran over about 6 people in the store trying to go quickly. I get out to the car and try to load the car quickly mainly because I am freezing. I went to get gas (couldn't have made it to the church without it), and went to call someone on my cell phone and realized I left my cell phone in the grocery cart. ARGHH!!

We did get dinner done on time. :)

I called the hospital and they asked if I was coming back tonight. I feel SOOOO bad about not going up there tonight, but I am absolutely EXHAUSTED!!! And they have a rule at the hospital that no kids are allowed in the hospital AT ALL unless they are the patient. It was an emergency today, so the other kids were allowed to stay with me, but I was told several times that I can't bring them back. That makes it VERY difficult to go see him! It is because of the swine flu that they have made that rule.

Got home from church tonight only to realize that I had left Madison at church (she was in choir practice helping with the little kids). Luckily we live near the church, and I just went right back and got her.

While we were in the hospital, Lauren dropped her purse, and Madi was carrying the oxygen tank for me and she accidentally hit Lauren in the head with it.

Tyler got hit in the face with door at church, then got bumped in the lip while playing a game and ended up with a bloody lip.

The cold is really making Tyler's finger hurt where the nail came completely off a few weeks ago.

AND... we started homeschool back this week. I have done well with Ty and La, but have not done anything with Madi this week... gotta catch up tomorrow. Also gotta catch up on housework tomorrow.

I am off to bed now. Praying for better dreams. I had to cut down on one of my meds for a test I had done yesterday, and now I am back to my normal dose... but I have had 3 night terrors in the past 2 - 3 weeks; and nightmares every night. Makes me wake up tired.

Sorry for all the whining ;)

On a positive note, it is all good. Tiring day,but it could have been so much worse. I am very grateful for all the blessings God has given us.

No comments: