Sunday, May 16, 2010

Are You Blue??

Matt has been sick this week and was put on the antibiotic Cipro on Thursday. Last night he started complaining of the bottom of his feet hurting, and by the time bedtime came around, he couldn't even walk without being in excruciating pain on the bottom of his feet. We looked it up online, and evidentally if you are allergic to Cipro, it is not good at all! So he quit taking it; and we called the doctor today. They flagged his chart that he is allergic to it, and called him in a new antibiotic.

Before he took the first pill of the new antibiotic, he wanted (rightfully so)to look up the adverse reactions of THIS medicine... one of which was "blue coloration of lips and nailbeds" When our night nurse came for the baby he was telling her about it, and said "yeah, a side effect of this medicine is that my skin could turn blue". I started laughing and said, if I had the energy, I would go buy some blue paint and paint your face blue while you were sleeping tonight - ROFL!!!! It took the nurse and I a few minutes to quit laughing, Matt laughed, but not as much ;)

Can you imagine him preaching with a blue face, not able to stand up, etc - lol!!!

So we hope he is NOT blue tomorrow - lol ;)

No comments: