Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Boat

I figured since my last post was about walking on water, and stepping out of the boat; this one could be about "the boat". I am sure you have heard the story about the man who found himself in a flood and someone came by in a boat to offer him help. He replied that he was going to trust God. Again and again the man was offered help, and he kept saying he was going to trust God... when he drowned and got to Heaven he said to God "I trusted you to save me, why didn't you... and God replied - I sent a boat, a helicopter, etc and every time I sent help, you refused it".

I have gone back and forth in my mind all day today regarding our situation with foster care. I worked all day on getting the things together that I needed, and talked with the director of MFC - who helped me get things together and encouraged me...although I still have many more things to do.

Then, talking with Matt tonight, I think I saw "the boat". Basically, Matt said "what if the question is not whether we trust God enough to stop foster care; but rather, do we trust God enough to take us through this difficult time with foster care; for the sake of our foster son whom we love. Then he said, it isn't for "nothing" that we would go through this - it is for this sweet little baby, and he is worth it.

I do think this will be our last foster child. Unless God tells me differently. But, like a friend told me today... I have sought an answer to this for a long time; I have truly tried to find God's will in this situation. All I know is this: All day today I have not been at peace, I have struggled with all the "what if's" and after Matt and I talked tonight, I finally feel at peace.

I think, actually I know I needed Matt to give me direct input in this; and I FINALLY feel like I have an answer from God; and tonight I am going to get INTO the boat that God has provided for us at this point in our lives.

This may not make much sense to most of you. But I needed to write it down.

No comments: