Friday, September 18, 2009

blog proved useful

This morning, Tyler and Lauren were arguing; Lauren was saying that the reason she keeps coming to sleep with mommy and daddy in the middle of the night is because tyler puts his hand across her face. I said "I know, but you cuddle with him too... AND if you wake up, just roll over and go back to sleep" Tyler said "I don't put my hand on her when I sleep" And Lauren said "I try to roll over but he keeps moving towards me" SO... I got the pictures out and SHOWED them the proof (see blog from last week for pictures). And I told them how I kept moving Lauren away, so her face wouldn't be covered and SHE kept moving back towards Tyler. 3 times I moved her before I gave up and left them that way (but her face wasn't covered up when I left).
So, there you go... my blog solved an argument this morning, because I had proof :)

Just in case you are wondering why they are sleeping together. I will explain - but not defend. I say that because when we were doing foster care they tried to tell us that because they were over the age of 3 that they had to have sepeate bedrooms (a rule for foster kids, but not supposed to apply to our own kids). Matt and I just feel that this is our personal business. If they were older, it would be different. But,when they told us that, to comply - we moved Lauren into the room with Madison, and gave Tyler his own room. Tyler has a queen size bed, and the girls have bunk beds. That was 2 years ago. We send them to bed in their own rooms/beds and they either cry until we give in; or they wait till we go to bed, then get in the bed with each other. Most of the time, we just tell them that if they will quietly go to sleep they can get in the same bed. Madison even goes in there. They just like to be close to each other. They all sleep with shirts and shorts - Tyler's rule - lol... I would make them anyway, but he tells the girls that they have to have shorts on to sleep in his bed - hee hee. When I was growing up my sister and I slept together until we grew up and moved out of the house. They all just like to be close to each other, and feel safer sleeping in the same room. Some nights one of the girls will end up sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. The thing is... I like that they are close to each other. Obviously at some point they will all have to stay in their own beds; but for now it just isn't a big issue to us.

Well, gotta go get ready. Matt is off today, and we are having some family time :) I am so excited! We are always so busy, we don't get to have family days very often.

No comments: