I'd be rich tonight.
Counting my blessings... I am rich, indeed.
My favorite Bible verse:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you" Jer. 29:11
I am glad that God knows the plans He has for me, because I can't keep up with myself.
I am just so overwhelmed with life... with all of the blessings God has given me; seeing Him work in the little things in my life; watching and waiting with anticipation for the plans He is working on in my life right now. Sensing the presence of God, wanting to bask in it - just like the satisfying,peaceful,wonderful feeling of warm sunshine on my skin. Anger and frustration at the world, at sin. Feeling frustration over wanting to change the world for Christ; knowing I am called to do my part in serving Him, but I am helpless to "change" people or "change" bad situations... knowing Christ gave His life for us, and loved us enough to give us the free will to choose for ourselves whether to follow Him or not. Wanting to heal peoples hurts, wanting to make bad situations better, wanting to take away the worries and sadness of people; wanting Christ to return, yet wanting others to change their ways first and wanting to see my children grow up, waiting to see what God does in and with their lives... praying they follow Him whole-heartedly. Wanting to guard my heart, but knowing I have to give it freely to God to do with as He sees fit. Knowing in the end I will be more satisfied than I could have ever imagined. Missing people I love. Wanting to heal hurt relationships. Wanting to hold onto ones in jeopardy. Knowing God holds each of these details of my life in His hands, and He is gently placing each situation right where it needs to be. Loving Him for who He is, wishing I could trust Him more, following Him even when I don't understand. Failing Him, serving Him, trusting Him, holding back from Him, longing for eternity with Him, yet longing to see His plans for me and my loved ones completed here and now in this time.
Lord, I am yours. What I have to offer is not much, but I WANT to follow You. I want to please You. I have a heavy heart for several situations, and I know you see and know my every desire. Help me to trust when I don't understand. Help me remember to thank you for all of the joy I have had in my life lately. Many thoughts, little understanding...all of me Yours - help me to let go when I try to hold on. Loving You, enjoying You, wanting more of You... You know the plans You have for me, hear my heart tonight Lord, hold me in Your arms and hold me tight. Help me to serve you and love you more and more each and every day of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment