Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hard TImes

After proclaiming the Message in Derbe and establishing a strong core of disciples, they retraced their steps to Lystra, then Iconium, and then Antioch, putting muscle and sinew in the lives of the disciples, urging them to stick with what they had begun to believe and not quit, making it clear to them that it wouldn't be easy: "signing up for the Kingdom of God has to go through plenty of hard times."
Paul and Barnaba handpicked leaders in each church. After praying - their prayers intensified by fasting - they presented these newleaders to the Master to whom they had entrusted their lives.

Acts 14:21 - 23


Matt has an AMAZING opportunity to work with a staff that not only works well together, but also are friends, and share a common purpose with common goals to serve God. When I read this passage this morning, it made me thankful for God putting together the people in our church who are willing to serve God with the gifts and service He has called them to. It also made me realize that I need to pray for them more; and I will encourage my children to pray for them more.

I also want to listen to a series by Andy Stanly that Tammy sent me the link to, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. It is called "Losing your religion" Like I said, I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't comment on it... but this is something that really interests me. I have seen several people truly seek God, admit their sins, see a change in their life, it appears to be a REAL experience with God... then 1 month, 1 year, or even years down the road, for some unknown reason... when they face trouble - they seem to walk away from it all. They leave their faith behind, and follow the world. Now I "personally" believe that once Jesus saves you, you can never be taken out of his hands; although I also believe that these people will lose some of their blessings in Heaven. (It will be interesting to see what Andy Stanly has to say about it.) I have also seen some people who appear to only be caught up in the emotion of the moment, and never really have a life changing experience... I tend to think that these people never really gave their lives to God, or completely understood salvation, etc.

AGAIN - "who am I"?? I don't know the answers. I have opinions, and so do lots of other people. Even what is written in the Bible can be understood in different ways by different people. But one thing I do know: God loves us all, and wants us all to come to Him, serve Him, worship Him, and LOVE Him; and when we really do that... He promises to never leave us or forsake us. And I think that we need to spend more time truly praying for and encouraging our fellow Christians who are going through difficult times.

I have probably been needy lately; with all that has been goin on with my family; but if any of you need prayer, please let me know. We have a prayer board in our kitchen, we do prayer doodles every morning, we pray at every meal, and before bed each night. If I happen to forget to mention someone on our prayer list, Madison is SURE to remind me about it :) I thank God for all of my friends - new and old; and I want to pray for you, and encourage you; especially if you are going through a tough time. BTW... I know of some of your needs, and I am praying for you :)

No comments: