I feel yucky! I think I have the flu. I will prob. go to the doctor Tuesday ONLY because I have already made plans to go visit my granddad who just had heart surgery; and I don't want to expose him to anything.
I often wish I had time to do "nothing"; but then when I'm sick, and I get to do nothing - it's no fun. Right after my hysterectomy a few years ago, I was HORRIBLE about not doing what I was told regarding resting, not lifting, not doing, etc. I took the kids to a Christmas parade 5 days after my complete abdominal hysterectomy. I did o.k. till it was time to leave and I realized I had to walk up the ramp in the parking garage. Fun times... huh Jen?? Poor Jen was with me. Anyway, I don't really have anything to say tonight, but I'm bored, so I thought I would write something.
I didn't go to church today, didn't want to expose anyone... but I did get to start listening to the series "Losing Your Religion" by Andy Stanley, I have been wanting to listen to it for about a week now, since Tammy sent me the link. Tammy - so far, I am really into it, and taking lots of notes. I have listened to the 1st 2; but I will prob. go back and listen to the last part of the 2nd one again, b/c the kids were distracting me. I can't wait to talk to you about it. Speaking of talking to you; sorry I haven't called you... I haven't felt like talking since being sick this weekend. Plus I am waiting to see what happens/ if I am still able to come up there.
I can't remember if I talked about Tyler having his holter monitor a week or so ago; but they called me to say that it only worked/picked up for 15 minutes; so we have to re-do it. I hate it for Ty. Not that it is an intrusive test; but the tape really irritates him with his OCD tendencies; and he still has some sore spots from where the tape was before. I haven't told him yet that we have to re-do it.
Also realizing that with Tyler progressing quickly with his reading abilities, it is nice that I don't get asked 1000 times what the score is on a football game, or who's leading in a Nascar race... he can read it for himself now. NICE :)
And... going along with the title of "yucky" - this week Phillip (Jen's husband) killed a snake in our backyard. That is the 3rd snake we have killed since we moved in here in June! Trying to be a good homeschool mom, I made him put it in a plastic bag for me (I was NOT touching that thing, even if it was dead) and we looked it up online. Turned out to be a brown water snake. I HAAAAAATE snakes!! But then tonight I realized that I haven't done anything with it yet... it is still in the bag outside. I bet it STINKS - gotta take care of that tomorrow. Then Madi was trying to catch a baby lizard (I don't love lizards, but they are much higher on my favorites list than snakes)and Lauren tried to "help" her by stepping on its tail to hold it still for Madi. Yeah, we ended up with a lizard in a box collecting bugs for it to eat while it recovered. Matt did convince Madi that God could take better care of broken lizards than we could.
I was much happier with the butterfly that we thought was dead last week, that "woke up" in our house. Did I tell you about that?? I will have to look back and see.
Well, I just took some cold medicine (btw, HJ - I have figured out that antihistamines tend to make my depression worse; but I am doing MUCH better with depression lately, so I am hoping it won't mess me up too much; but I have to take something to be able to sleep) SO... I am off to try and go to sleep.
Also, I'm not TOO worried about it, b/c he is pretty healthy right now... but please pray that Tyler doesn't get whatever I have, or if he does that it won't be bad. I only say that b/c our county's dept. of health website says that 98% of flu tests are + for swine flu... in fact they are encouraging people NOT to go to the doctor, unless you are at high risk, because chances are; if you have flu symptoms, that's what you have. Tyler hasn't had any SVT since his last surgery, that I know of... but he still has an unresolved PFO and just had surgery in April for the AV Node Re-Entry; and we haven't had a good holter test and follow up yet to release him from that diagnosis.
There are some cool things that have happened this week that I want to share on here soon. Conversations with people, God revealing Himself in awesome ways... I just haven't had the time or energy to put into the post what I want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment