I wish I could tell you more about my foster children - because I love them, and they are such a big part of our lives... but because of confidentiality rules, I can't. But I am going to share some stories today, just can't tell u names, or show pictures.
Our foster baby has started taking his diaper off REPEATEDLY - duck tape here we come! (To hold his diaper on - just clarifying - lol) Today he somehow managed to take his diaper off while leaving his clothes ON!!! We were in the room with him and I looked and saw his diaper laying next to him, but he hadn't taken his clothes off; I have NO idea how he did that!!!
He has also started saying "hi" lately. The past few mornings when he wakes up he has pulled the wires out of his monitors making them alarm; then when I walk in the room he looks up at me, smiles, and says "hi". Little stinker!
Our foster daughter is a mess, she is so cute and I love to see her smile. But oh boy is she keeping me on my toes - lol. Also, I can't mention specifics, but just please pray for her - God knows what she needs.
Lauren has started taking ballet lessons. We weren't sure if she would actually go, because although we are close by, neither Matt nor I are actually in the room with her, neither of her siblings are with her, and it is not with church people that she knows. That is WAY out of her comfort zone!! But she is going, and she LOOOOOVES it!!!
Tyler lost another tooth yesterday - I haven't taken any pictures yet. He STILL hasn't gotten his top two teeth in yet! The first one was knocked out when he was 3, and the other one came out a several months ago. The dentist did x-rays and it showed that his teeth are there, and that they should be coming in soon, but that was about 3 months ago, and still no sign of them coming in. Hmmmm??
Madison is very anxious to start back taking horseback riding lessons. The place we were taking lessons from, the instructor left and they haven't found another one yet. So.... we are waiting. A friend from church told me about a lady that teaches at her house (I think); I really need to call and check on that. To be honest, I have kinda been putting it off until it cools down some. I LOVE riding horses too; but it is just so hot still!
We have finished the first 2 units/chapters of homeschool. I am using "Weaver" by Alpha Omega, and we are all really enjoying it! It takes longer to finish each day than previous years with different curriculum; and there is a little more preperation on my part, BUT the kids are really applying everything they learn to their lives - that is SOOO worth it!
It is almost 3 PM, and I am still in my pajama's. We have all been sick this week; and I am exhausted on top of being sick myself. One of the rules we have is that we will all get dressed before we start school; but NOT TODAY ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment