Well, we ended up going to the museum yesterday; and I am SOOOO glad we did! The kids and I ALL had a great time! We met my friend Cindy (who is actually their pediatrician) there and her kids. The kids got to play, and although Cindy and I didn't have much time to chat, it was still nice to get out of the house and spend some time with a friend :)
We went to the planetarium and they turn the lights off so you can see the stars, then they turn the lights back on slowly. Our foster daughter's skin color is a light toned African American... when they turned the lights back on, she looked at her arm, turned it over and looked at it, then looked up at me and said "hey, I'm brown" - LOL, LOL!!! It was like it was a revelation to her. Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard!! You would have to know her to truly appreciate this. I am not picking on her AT AlL, she is just hilarious.
They also had one of the bounce houses with velcro where you wear the suit and stick to the wall. I tried my BEST to get Ty to do it... as small as he is (he is only 43 lbs at 7 years old - Lauren is only 44, they have just always been small - except when they were born), anyway, as light as he is and as acrobatic as he is, he could have seriously done a flip and stuck to the wall upside down. That would have been SO cool! But, he wouldn't go for it.
I left the baby at home with Matt, which made our trip a lot easier. I called home and asked Matt "how is it going there" MEANING... "how is the baby"... his reply - "not good at all, Miami is losing, and they are doing it to themselves, they just can't get anything right today, etc., etc., etc... I said "I MEANT how is the baby"... his reply "OH, he is fine" LOL Matt is definitely devoted to his football teams - lol.
Well, gotta go look over stuff for school for this coming week.
No comments:
Post a Comment